mSATA Embedded SSD
Modular Embedded Storage with Maximum Data Integrity
sTec mSATA SSDs have a 50% smaller footprint than 2.5-inch and 1.8- inch HDDs, making them the ideal storage solution for integrated embedded modular solutions.
Low-Power, Small Footprint Embedded Storage
With its industry-standard SATA interface, small footprint and high performance, sTec’s mSATA solid-state drive is an ideal storage solution for space-constrained, low power applications requiring high reliability. Serial ATA (SATA) continues to replace parallel ATA (PATA) in embedded systems, where small-format SATA storage designs are increasingly important. With up to 80 percent lower power consumption, mSATA SSDs are a logical drop-in replacement for conventional HDD storage, and provide an excellent option for tiered storage in embedded systems.
sTec’s embedded SATA SSDs provide the advanced flash management technology and data integrity of sTec’s industry- leading enterprise SSDs in small-form factors designed for space-constrained applications. They provide flexible, low- power, and small-capacity solutions that are ideal for embedded systems.
- High Performance – 6Gbps SATA interface provides fast data throughput with zero latency
- Rugged Design – Supports embedded applications in harsh environments: high shock, vibration and industrial temperature (-40° to 85° C)
- Data Integrity – Advanced error-checking and correction (ECC) algorithms protect data against common bit errors
- High Endurance – Total drive wear-leveling algorithm increases the useful life of flash up to 10× over the manufacturer’s stated useful life
- Simple Integration – Compliant to the JEDEC MO-300B specification supporting drop-in implementation
- High Reliability – Integrated bad block management and error handling improves data integrity. PowerSafe technology protects against drive corruption as a result of unexpected power loss
- Advanced Flash Controller Technology – Provides unmatched performance, reliability and data integrity in embedded applications
|Specifications||s260 mSATA (SLC)||s260 mSATA (eMLC)||s265 mSATA mini|
|Type||SATA (6Gbps)||SATA (6Gbps)||SATA (6Gbps)|
|Performance||Average Response Time||<12ms||<16ms||<16ms|
|Transfer Rate (Read)||Up to 500MB/s||Up to 500MB/s||Up to 300MB/s|
|Transfer Rate (Write)||Up to 250MB/s||Up to 150MB/s||Up to 150MB/s|
|Endurance||10X drive writes/day, 5-years||10X drive writes/day, 3-years||10X drive writes/day, 5-years|
|MTBF||4 million hours||4 million hours||4 million hours|
|Physical||Dimensions Power||50mm (L) X
30mm (W) X
|50mm (L) X
30mm (W) X
|26mm (L) X
30mm (W) X
|Power||<1.5W @ 3.3V||<1.5W @ 3.3V||<1.5W @ 3.3V|
|Environmental||Operational Temperature||-40° to 85°C||0°C to 70°C||-40° to 85°C|
|Compliance||RoHS-6, EU Directive||RoHS-6, EU Directive||RoHS-6, EU Directive|
*1TB = 1000GB *As used for capacity, one megabyte (MB) = one million bytes, one gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes, and one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. The available capacity is dependent upon the operating environment and formatting.