s840 SAS SSD
Fits seamlessly into enterprise storage infrastructures for true plug-and-play architecture.
Scalable, reliable, real-world high IOPS in a dual-port HA solution that supports endurance demands of the enterprise.
The Right SSD for Enterprise Applications
A large number of SSDs claim high performance and reliability. However, data center operators and the enterprise can experience slower performance, device failure or data loss when using consumer SSDs not suitable for demanding true enterprise application workloads.
Understanding the capabilities of solid-state drives helps enterprises select the right solutions for their intended applications. The sTec™ s840 Enterprise SAS solid-state drives comprise the universally accepted standard for I/O connectivity in enterprise storage and server systems to deliver the highest levels of performance and efficiency in data center servers and storage solutions.
- s840 Enterprise SAS SSDs are the industry’s gold standard for enterprise performance SSDs supporting servers and Tier-0 storage applications
- Random transactional performance exceeds 115,000 sustained IOPS, with sustained random or sequential large block transfers up to 530MB/s
- A single s840 Enterprise SAS SDD delivers exceptional performance, consuming about the same power as an enterprise HDD while providing data persistence, instant backup and recovery in the event of an unplanned power failure.
- Provides the ability to recover from NAND flash page, block, die and chip failures and maximizes the Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Data Loss (MTTDL)
- Extends the life of flash media to deliver enterprise-class endurance through advanced signal processing and adaptive flash management algorithms
|Performance||Sustained Read Throughput||Up to 530MB/s1|
|Sustained Write Throughput||Up to 265MB/s|
|Max 100% Read IOPS||Up to 115,000|
|Max 100% Write IOPS||Up to 108,000|
|Max 100% Random Read IOPS||80,000 (4K)|
|Max 100% Random Write IOPS||12,000 (4K)|
|Dimensions (mm)||100.2mm(L) x 69.8mm(W) x 15.0mm(H)|
|Endurance||Drive Writes Per Day for 5 Years||10x|
|(100% Random 4KB/8KB write workload)††|
|Environmental||Operational Temperature||0° to 60°C (Commercial)|
1The drive saturates the I/O bus
†† (DWPD at aligned block size in product specifications)