s842 2.5″ SAS SSD
Expanding storage systems with high-capacity, unlimited endurance*, and reliable drives.
Capacity, Endurance and Speed built for the enterprise and cloud infrastructure.
The Ideal SSD for Enterprise and Cloud Infrastructures
The STEC™ s842 Enterprise SAS SSD takes capacity, performance and endurance to the next level. With 2TB capacity–up to 25% more over other SAS SSDs on the market.
s842 SAS solid-state drives deliver the highest levels of performance, capacity and endurance needed in enterprise and cloud data center servers and storage solutions.
*Versions available with unlimited endurance for 400GB/800GB/2TB capacities
- Purpose built SSDs supporting enterprise storage and Cloud applications
- Delivers highest capacity possible in a single 2.5” SAS enclosure, taking the user available capacity on a single drive to 2TB
- Optimized for low latency and high performance: delivers >115,000 sustained random IOPS, and throughput >530MB/s
- Outperforms competitive SAS and SATA SSDs while delivering the best application performance for all real-world workloads
- Tuned to deliver highest levels of throughput and low latencies even under RAID5 deployments
- Unprecedented endurance and reliability. Delivering upto 2X the endurance levels seen with competitive SATA or SAS SSDs
|Performance||Sustained Read Throughput||530MB/s1||530MB/s||530MB/s||530MB/s|
|Sustained Write Throughput||380MB/s||380MB/s||453MB/s||295MB/s|
|Max 100% Read IOPS||120,000||120,000||118,000||113,000|
|Max 100% Write IOPS||110,000||110,000||110,000||103,000|
|Max 100% Random Read IOPS||(4K)||84,000||84,000||85,000||65,000|
|Max 100% Random Write IOPS||(4K)||28,500||34,000||17,500||6,000|
|Dimensions (mm)||100.2mm(L) x 69.8mm(W) x 15.0mm(H)|
|Endurance||Drive Writes Per Day for 5 Years
|Lifetime Petabytes Written
|Environmental||Operational Temperature||0° to 60°C (Commercial)|
1The drive saturates the I/O bus **1TB = 1000GB *As used for capacity, one megabyte (MB) = one million bytes, one gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes, and one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. The available capacity is dependent upon the operating environment and formatting.†Recommended for read-intensive applications only.